14′ Hoophouse structures
Our 14′ wide “caterpillar tunnel” combines affordability with easy mobility. This hoophouse can be built as a stand-alone stationary structure, complete with doors and roll up sides. But the real value of the SideStep hoophouse comes alive with the mobile/modular system, stepping sideways in sections onto multiple sets of ground posts.
- Affordable: The SideStep hoophouse can be installed for roughly half the cost of Gothic hoophouses, while adding valuable mobility.
- New valuable features: every structure includes groundcloth weed barrier and poly baseboards
- Hyper-mobile: 2 people can relocate 2,000 sf of hoophouse in 1 hour, allowing new sophisticated rotations to maximize value
- Is functionally half the width of our 30′ Gothic structure: 14′ width still allows (4) 30″ beds with generous pathways
- Buttons up in the winter: Wire-lock channel in the baseboards let’s you secure the poly cover in wind and harsh weather conditions
- Ready for your growing needs: cross braces provide snow load protection and can be used for irrigation and trellising functions
This week we’re going to be highlighting one farmer’s success story set in Northern Michigan; That hails straight out of the small town of Onaway. If you’re a fan of maple syrup, juicy tomatoes and tried and true produce, Then Gary Shepherd is a name you’ll...
Our most recent end wall design option creates an un-obstructured opening 8′ high by 22′ wide. Great for using the same 3-point equipment in your hoophouse that you are used to using with your field crops.
Interested in what lies beyond the Midtown and Downtown recoveries? This great little video (shot inside a Nifty Hoop) explaining what Gary Wozniak and RecoveryPark have in store for the Chene-Ferry neighborhood of Detroit. Michelle Lutz really knows how to grow some...
Nifty Berries, as Trent Thompson so generously nick named them, are hitting peak season in the Nifty Hoops @ Green Gardens. Trent says they’re a major crop not only for their revenue, but for the draw to other sales. (and thanks Trent for the treats!)
Two hoophouses for Presque Isle Farm means lots of great food and good times for the crew (how many jobs are stocked with a keg of fresh, local beer in the coolbot!?)
A good start @ Good Stead Farm. Thank you Sarah and Ladybird for a welcome greeting. Time to head out for Taco Tuesday!