14’ Hoophouse High Tunnel
Our 14′ wide “caterpillar tunnel” combines affordability with easy mobility. This hoophouse can be installed for roughly half the cost of Gothic hoophouses, while still providing a great deal of flexibility for season extension and year-round production.
Affordable: The 14’ high tunnel can be installed for roughly half the cost of Gothic hoophouses, while adding valuable mobility.
New valuable features: every structure includes groundcloth weed barrier and poly baseboards
Hyper-mobile: 2 people can relocate 2,000 sf of hoophouse in 1 hour, allowing new sophisticated rotations to maximize value
Functionally half the width of our 30′ Gothic structure: 14′ width still allows (4) 30″ beds with generous pathways
Buttons up in the winter: Wire-lock channel in the baseboards let’s you secure the poly cover in wind and harsh weather conditions. Every bow has a crossbrace, to protect your structure from snow and wind.
Ready for your growing needs: cross braces provide snow load protection and can be used for irrigation and trellising functions
1.315” diameter - 14 gauge ground posts
1.315” diameter - 16 gauge bows
1.315” diameter - 16 gauge cross braces
1.315” diameter - 16 gauge top purlin
Poly cover - Ginegar 5-layer 6-mil 4-year Sunclim film
Roll-up ventilation curtains (both sides):
1.315” diameter - 18 gauge roll-bar
End walls: 1.5” square galvanized steel framing for all doorways and 11-mil woven poly film. Hinged door: (1) 1 3/8”x3’x6’8” foam core solid entry door with latch set at most accessed end, with a solid woven poly panel at the opposite end
Weed-barrier/poly base system - forms an air-lock without blocking light
Two overhead irrigation lines attached to the tops of your crossbars. Each can be run independently.
Drip irrigation kit
Includes drip tape, header, valves, pressure reduction & filter, basic fittings — installed by grower after the build
Automatic side ventilation
Upgrade roll-up side curtains to automated/motorized (both sides, includes thermostatic control)
Roller-plast spools for tomatoes and other crops, support wire, tomato clips
Full-Width Roll-Up Endwalls
Increase end-wall access with wide roll-up panels - 8’ high x 22’ wide open end-wall access. Includes removable end-wall framing posts when accessing full unobstructed width, and our 5:1 geared roll-up crank for easy open and close operation. Fully installed.
- Our team of professional hoophouse installers comes to your farm and finishes your installation. Projects are usually completed in one day. Instant hoop!
- Get growing sooner — you can be growing in your new hoophouse just a few weeks from today
- Pour some lemonade and watch the crew build your hoop, or roll up your sleeves and learn how its done!
- Muster your friends, neighbors, CSA members and community to create an old-school barn raising style event
- Nifty Hoops will supervise your crew of volunteers or helpers — we’ll build it together
- Cultivate personal and community investment in your farm
- Build a great memory for everyone involved — they will want to eat your food because of it!
- Our lead builder works with you for six hours — pounding and leveling posts, training you to assemble the hoophouse, and staging the build for you to complete
- Learn our fast and easy assembly process with our video series, which shows you every step of the build
- When we leave, you will be well on your way to completing your hoophouse