Nifty Hoops pays attention to what you need to produce food affordably for market. Our experience working closely with four-season growers has led to a design maximizing important features while minimizing cost. We treat each structure as a system, not just a collection of interchangeable parts.
- Through our focus on our regional growers and an attention to the features most valuable for diversified vegetable production, we are able to provide the best cost/value structure on the market.
- We professionally install everything we manufacture. Imagine having a completed structure in one day for less than the material cost from many other producers.
Nifty Hoops produces a 30‘ wide gothic structure that can be built from 48‘ to 192‘ in length. Structures can be assembled on ground posts (fixed) or installed on our unique steel tube runners (mobile).
- Cross-braces span every interior bow and stretch 22‘ across the 30‘ structure. While creating a strong house for our northern climates, these braces also integrate with our plant trellising system, creating a quick and easy way to train tomatoes, cucumbers and other vining crops.
- Mid-wall height provides complete perimeter walk area and easy access to the complete growing footprint.
- Our component based end-wall design incorporates easy access for daily use and large equipment with simple, cost effective, and easily-winterized doorways.
- Our structure includes all of the elements you need to produce year-round including manual roll-up sides, automated end-wall ventilation, double layer/inflation and doorways.
Fixed installations are set on 54“ ground posts, creating a “mid-wall height” structure for stand-up access to the entire growing footprint. In-line placement of ground post attachment blots mean no abrasion of roll-up plastic from protruding bolt heads. Ground posts are punched for baseboard attachment, making repair and/or eventual replacement a breeze.
Mobile installations are built on 24“ ground posts that insert and bolt into 2“ x 4“ rectangular steel skids. This system allows all the benefits of a rotational growing practice at a fraction of the cost of other mobile designs. Structures are moved along a linear cultivation footprint with 2 inline winches (sold or rented separately). The skid design leaves no track material behind when the structure is moved, allowing for easy bed maintenance. Winches can be purchased cooperatively among farmers to further reduce production costs.
Watch us build!
Think Nifty Hoops might be a good fit for your farm or organization? Let us know what you are thinking and we’ll get back to you right away!