16' Gothic Hoophouse
- 100% all-inclusive hoophouse system
- Fastest installation time in the industry
- Knowledgeable, friendly crew, here to help you achieve your farming goals
- Designed for northern winters
- Manufactured by our small team with US Steel
- Constantly innovating in collaboration with farmers
With the same robust materials as our larger structures, this hoop house kit is small enough to fit in your backyard and big enough to extend your season through the deep winter.
Want to see a Nifty hoophouse being built in one day? Watch our detailed videos of each step of the build.
Strong - Double-gusseted cross-braces support every interior bow and span 8' across the 16'-wide structure. While creating a strong house for our northern climates, these braces also integrate with our overhead irrigation and plant trellising system, creating a quick and easy way to train tomatoes, cucumbers, and other vining crops.
Rugged - Galvanized tubing and strong woven poly endwall and roll-up panels are built to withstand northern wind and snow.
Walkable side-wall height - The 6' side-wall height provides a complete perimeter walk area and easy access to the complete growing footprint.
Roll-up sides - with baffled ends to keep heat during the winter
Easy to upgrade with Nifty's automatic louver vents and automatic roll-up side system
- US galvanized steel ground posts, bows, purlins, and wind braces, easy bolt-together design
- Overhead plastic - 6-mil, 4-year IRAC polyethylene cover
- Cross-brace package - heavy duty, double-gusseted truss assembly, every bow
- Wind bracing - 4 or 8 diagonal braces (depending on length)
- Steel-framed endwalls:
- Heavy duty 1.5" square assemblies, laid out to accommodate ventilation and door openings
- Hinged door - (1) 3' x 6'8" foam core solid entry door with latch set
- Reinforced 11-mil endwall covers
- Roll-up sides - durable reinforced 11-mil poly with roll-bar pocket, baffled end panels, and wind rope
- Poly-lock package:
- Heavy duty double aluminum quick-lock (@hip) with cam inserts
- End bow and endwall wire lock channels and wiggle wire
- Baseboards - 2x10 SPF (untreated - meets organic certification criteria)
Two overhead irrigation lines attached to the tops of your crossbars. Each can be run independently.
Drip irrigation kit
Includes drip tape, header, valves, pressure reduction & filter, basic fittings - installed by grower after the build
Automatic side ventilation
Upgrade roll-up side curtains to automated/motorized (both sides, includes thermostatic control)
Roller-plast spools for tomatoes and other crops, support wire, tomato clips
- Our team of professional hoophouse installers comes to your farm and finishes your installation. Projects are usually completed in one day. Instant hoop!
- Get growing sooner - you can be growing in your new hoophouse just a few weeks from today
- Pour some lemonade and watch the crew build your hoop, or roll up your sleeves and learn how its done!
- Muster your friends, neighbors, CSA members and community to create an old-school barn raising style event
- Nifty Hoops will supervise your crew of volunteers or helpers - we'll build it together
- Cultivate personal and community investment in your farm
- Build a great memory for everyone involved - they will want to eat your food because of it!
- Our lead builder works with you for four hours - pounding and leveling posts, training you to assemble the hoophouse, and staging the build for you to complete
- Learn our fast and easy assembly process with our video series, which shows you every step of the build
- When we leave, you will be well on your way to completing your hoophouse